Monday, February 14, 2011
Bamboo and Avocados!
This is a blog for me to share my ideas and inspirations on home design, while working towards merging cottage and modern styles together during the upcoming major renovation of my family's 1938 beach cottage. The blog name comes from my love of the giant avocado tree in our front yard that is a huge part of the history of our house as our neighborhood once consisted of avocado orchards. Bamboo was one of the first things we planted in our backyard when we moved here about 12 years ago and is now one of our favorite building materials as our style is evolving to more of a modern look. Enjoy, I will look forward to future comments from my family, friends and anyone else who may end up following along!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited to follow your renovation on your new blog! Your pictures are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe paint colors you asked about are spray paint colors at home depot.
Thanks Karin, you are my first reader and follower! I actually have just been doing these as practice posts and plan to officially unveil my blog to family and friends sometime in the next week!
ReplyDeleteLove that you are doing this! Now I can follow all the progress from afar =)
ReplyDelete