Monday, February 21, 2011

The Living Room





I found a few early pics of our living room.  I need to try to scan more pics as we moved to our house pre-digital cameras so I only have a few to share right now.  Back in the day, my decorating style was vintage cottage with painted furniture and accessories found at garage sales and thrift stores.  My favorite parts of the living room are the original douglas fir wood floors that have a nice worn patina to them and our ceiling.  We took out the low ceiling and exposed the roof rafters soon after we moved in.  We also took down redwood paneling that was covering the walls as well as the built in couch (very 70's!),  then painted and added a ton of trim.  I love these pics!

Update as of March 1st: The living room is now gone:(  It was a sad but necessary step in our house remodel plans.  The good news is that all of the ceiling boards and hardwood floors were salvaged and saved and we have some fun plans for future use.  We also saved our front door and one window.  Demo pics to follow in the next few days!

2 comments:

  1. You have such a great eye for decorating. I love this "vintage cottage" style. If I tried this it would just look dumpy, but your's is chic yet homey. Very Serena and Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great compliment Megan! I think I have heard of Serena and Lily before but have never seen their website, wow! Love their nurseries and kids room designs, can't wait for Mr. Finn to have his own room for me to decorate!

    ReplyDelete