Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring has arrived!


We actually had a huge rainstorm with hail and thunder this past monday morning.  I took a little video of the action, excuse my "mom" voice!  The good news for us was the rain stopped by the end of the morning and our foundation work resumed the next day.  The guys are almost done laying the blocks and should be done by today or early next week and then we get the concrete truck one more time to finish it off.

The weather was off and on all week, sunny one minute, cold and cloudy the next but Finn and I had Spring Fever and here are a few pics of our outdoor adventures around the hood:



There is a pair of horses that we like to stalk on a "semi private" road off of Quail Gardens Drive.  I think we will have room for one of these once our construction is done, right?




We enjoyed visiting the beautiful flower gardens of our neighbors Charles and Sharon.  It is so nice to have a garden across the street that Finn can explore and run around in since our yard is such a mess right now.  Looking forward to an Easter Egg hunt here!



We also went to the SD Botanical Gardens with Finn's Grandpa How and Kerby.  Finn had a great time with them, playing with boats and trains and running around the amazing children's garden areas.






Lastly, we explored a neat little succulent and cactus nursery called Glorious Gardens on Leucadia Blvd near the freeway.  This is the place that has the old rusty truck parked on the side filled with plants.  I loved this place, it was so full of creativity!  We picked out some nice succulents to give to Grandpa How and Kerby who have been visiting here for the week.

Hope your first week of Spring was a good one too!

2 comments:

  1. Where is that horse? Macy would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, I will give you the super secret directions when I see you next week!

    ReplyDelete