Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer Party Inspiration!


In honor of all the fun 4th of July parties happening today I thought it would be fun to share some pics of some really awesome parties I have attended in the last few months.  Usually on the 4th I like to host a small gathering of friends at our house to attend the annual parade that passes by our street.  This year our house is not quite party ready and we just got back from a week long road trip to Northern California so we had to pass on hosting.  Instead we will head to the beach midday and we are also excited to attend a 4th Birthday party this afternoon for a good friend of Finn's.  

Happy Birthday Atticus!!!


I will miss decorating for a party today so instead I will enjoy sharing some recent party pics.  

First up, a housewarming bbq in Austin, Texas!  


Honey, the hostess with the mostess, made these cute cutlery bags on her computer.


I made the banner above out of used burlap coffee bags.


She also made chalkboards using bargain bin boards from Home Depot and chalkboard paint.

Such a great way to display the menu!



A fun table of kid friendly goodies!


A friend brought this sweet display of flowers in empty Dr. Pepper bottles, what a great hostess gift!


I had the last minute idea to paint this pallet with chalkboard paint to distinguish the bar area.


Yummy Bbq food!

Next up, a seafood extravaganza for Mr. Bamboo's father and Finn's Grandpa,
 Mr. Howard B!

This took place at a beach house on the Mendocino coast and was lovingly prepared by the whole family to celebrate a big birthday milestone.


The seaweed was freshly gathered from a nearby beach.


Local shrimp


Sous-Chef Tom preparing fresh oysters for the appetizer.



The head chefs and sons of the Birthday Honoree.



It doesn't get any better than this!  
What a perfect spread this makes for a summer party.


Grandpa How checking out his delicious pirate cupcakes!

Lastly, Grandpa How's wife Kerby planned a amazing birthday dinner party at a local bed and breakfast.  This party deserves it's own post but I will give you a sneak peek at the gorgeous dinner table.


I have never seen a table more beautifully set as this one!

Happy 4th of July!










No comments:

Post a Comment