Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Sneak Peek at the New House Exterior!


Here is a drawing of what our remodeled house will look like.  The left side is the original part of the cottage that we are adding on to while the right side will all be new!  Missing from the drawing is the board and batten siding that was the original exterior of our house.  This will be redone on the left side and added on to the upper half bedroom bump out.  The rest of the house will be a smooth stucco finish for a more modern look. We like to call our future house a mix of modern, industrial, farmhouse, beach cottage style!


Right now we are in the process of deciding on a front door.  We love the modern look of this one above and want to combine this look into the Dutch style door below:


I wish this was going to be our view!


This is our front door before the remodel, it was one of the first things we bought for our house when we first moved in.  It actually replaced a really weird Dutch door that had no windows and was very dungeon like.  We bought the newer door from here!  We saved this door and it will possibly be relocated to the kitchen side entrance.


For fun, check out this cute cottage rental in Venice Beach that I found while searching for Dutch doors.


 I love this entryway with built in storage.


 I like the bottom half of this door and would change the upper part to clear glass instead of divided windows.


Here is a Dutch door with a simple bottom half.


What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I choose the second to last one! So crisp and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one I want the first one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second to last one.
    It's going to be crazy the next time I come back how different it will look! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all. It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was grandson Finn I would choose the horse door! Then you only need a pony!

    ReplyDelete