Friday, May 27, 2011

Treehouse Views!



This is our new master bedroom second story view of our amazing Avocado tree!  I really love the feeling of being in a treehouse.  The views reminds me of the treehouse we stayed at in Hawaii for our honeymoon which was really cool (except for being in a super isolated location with very smokey brush clearing going on and experiencing a major mosquito attack but that is another story!)  Previously we were one of the lowest houses on our street due to the elevation of the land but now looking out of the second story we have been lifted up into the clouds with great treetop and neighborhood views!  After rain and lumber delivery delays in the last week, the second story is really progressing now.   Follow me up the stairs to have a look.




Our east bedroom window


Finn's east bedroom window


Our bedroom corner


The west facing stairway wall


Finn's bathroom wall

It is very exciting to see the upstairs layout taking shape.  The bedrooms will be small and cozy, space up there is limited and we are also squeezing in a master bath and a wee little bathroom for Finn, but with the views all around and high ceilings I think they will feel roomy enough.  Considering that we lived in a 550 square foot house for 13 years, all this new space is going to be incredible!

Thanks for all of your recent emails and comments.  I love comments so keep them coming!!  We are just about to order our front door, I will let you know what style we decided on soon!  I am also enjoying the live traffic feed on my blog now so I can kind of guess which friends have been visiting and also see visits from other people who have somehow made it onto my site, there even have been some international viewers lately!  It makes it way more fun to write my blog knowing I have some actual readers!


Adam and Finn taking a cruise by our house.

Happy Weekend to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Your upstairs is looking absolutely fabulous! Our contractor is working feverishly to catch up. He's even going to work tomorrow (Memorial Day). But you're still leading by a head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been reading more of your posts about the remodel. We also added about 1,000 square feet and crammed a lot into that space. Even an upstairs laundry room, tiny, but efficient. You had asked about our front door. It was made by Renaissance windows. It's fun seeing your project as you go along... I did not start my blog until after, but what's great is that you have an ongoing record of your stages. Wish I had done that!

    ReplyDelete